bpf work discussion group
These seminars provide the opportunity to discuss, in detail, interactions with professional colleagues, or clients/patients. Psychoanalytic and Jungian concepts are introduced and used to explore the unconscious communications and dynamics that develop in human interactions.
who is it for
- People wanting to learn about and explore psychoanalytic concepts in understanding their professional relationships or clinical work, for example those in caring professions (but not only!);
- People who want to join a regular, small group to deepen and develop their understanding of psychoanalytic and Jungian ideas by applying them to ongoing work interactions;
- People who are interested in preparing to apply for a clinical training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy or Jungian analysis with adults.
These seminars provide the opportunity to discuss, in detail, interactions with professional colleagues, or clients/patients. Psychoanalytic and Jungian concepts are introduced and used to explore the unconscious communications and dynamics that develop in human interactions, in order to make sense of anxiety, hostility, unproductive meetings and difficulties with colleagues, whether you are in a helping profession, or whatever your professional background. It is expected that participants bring
From time to time papers may be introduced to facilitate learning.
Group participants will be helped to establish an atmosphere of confidentiality, trust
Three terms of 8 week seminars will be offered. It is possible to join for one, two or three terms. The group will meet on Monday evenings at 7.00pm – 8.30pm.
The group will be led by an experienced clinician.
dates for the upcoming term (term three)
- 29 April - Week 1
- 13 May - Week 2
- 20 May - Week 3
- 3 June - Week 4
- 10 June - Week 5
- 17 June - Week 6
- 24 June - Week 7
- 1 July - Week 8
- An interest in applying Psychoanalytic concepts to understand relationships at work;
- A readiness to present detailed interactions between yourself and a colleague, client or patient for the group to discuss.
Term 3 (spring/summer term) £250.
£275 per term from September 2019; fee is reduced when all three terms booked together
how to apply
To apply for this course, please download and complete the application form supplied and email it to Sandra Pereira at SandraP@bpf-psychotherapy.org.
Alternatively, please print it and return it to Sandra Pereira at 37 Mapesbury Road | London | NW2 4HJ
Currently there are no resources available for this course.
The building has limited access - please call us on 020 8452 9823 to discuss your needs.
If you have any questions or you would like to discuss your interest please email Sandra Pereira at SandraP@bpf-psychotherapy.org.
The bpf welcomes applications from all sections of society. The bpf values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.