open evening with psychoanalytic psychotherapy association
This evening is an opportunity to learn more about the Intensive Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training with Adults at the bpf and to meet with members of the PPA Training Committee.
Dr Ronald Doctor will be talking about becoming and being a psychotherapist.
There will also be time for individual conversations to help you in preparing to apply for the Training.
open evening programme
7.00 pm - Registration & Refreshments
7.15 pm - Welcome to the bpf, introductions and outline of the evening
Mrs Susan Rodgers, Chair of the PPA Training Committee
7.30 pm - Becoming and Being a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
Dr Ronald Doctor, Member of the bpf, Member of the BPAS, Consultant Psychiatrist in Medical Psychotherapy
8.15 pm - Preparing for Training
Dr Ann Morris, Chair of Selection Committee
8.30 pm - Time for individual conversations with members of the PPA
The Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association provides in-depth psychoanalytic training for contemporary clinical practice:
• An individual mentoring service to help you prepare to meet our entry requirements;
• A framework in which to develop a robust psychoanalytic stance based on working three times a week and later to develop the capacity to work in depth at once or twice weekly;
• The opportunity to establish a private practice and develop psychoanalytic work at a lower frequency in institutions or in private work;
• A personal route through training taking account of your experience and development;
• A modified entry scheme for clinicians with a previous psychoanalytic / psychodynamic
• A rich membership and CPD programme on qualification
Find out more about the Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association.
disclaimer: The bpf will not be held responsible for travel/hotel expenses made or incurred in the unlikely event of this course either being cancelled or postponed.
access information: The bpf building has limited access. Please contact us to find out more on 0208 452 9823 or at email@example.com.