virtual open day
Following the cancellation of the March open day, we have now set up an online version and invite you to register your attendance.
We have split the open day into three smaller sessions, each focusing on a different element of our training.
Session 1 looks at our introductory training courses, session 2 is all about our academic degrees, in partnership with Birkbeck and Exeter universities, and session 3, focusing on the bpf‘s adult clinical psychotherapy training and the National Training Programme provided in partnership with Exeter university.
You can register for any or all of the sessions, focusing on what is most relevant for you.
Please note: All sessions will take place via Zoom call on Saturday 30th May, and we can arrange for you to have 1:1 follow up sessions should you want to.
Register here for Session 1: Introductory Courses
10:00 – 12:00, Saturday 30th May 2020
2 short presentations lasting 15 to 20 minutes each, allowing plenty of time for group Q & A. Those wanting to ask more specific questions about their individual circumstances will be given the opportunity to do so following the session.
· Serena Willmott will outline the bpf’s introductory course, psychotherapy today, as well as an overview of all introductory and pre clinical training courses. Designed for those looking to take their first step into professional psychotherapy training or are simply interested in psychoanalytic and Jungian ideas and how they can be applied in their daily lives.
· A presentation on the infant observation course by Pamela Bartram, who will be joined by a former trainee, providing further insight into the Course.
Register here for Session 2: Academic Courses
12:30-14:30, Saturday 30th May 2020
2 short presentations lasting 15/20 minutes each, followed by an hour for open questions. Those wanting to ask more specific questions about their individual circumstances will be given the opportunity to do so following the session.
· Dr Jo–anne Carlyle, senior lecturer, will outline MSc in Psychological Therapies Practice and Research Degree, which was developed in partnership with Exeter University .
· Dorothee Magni –director of the training, will outline MSc in Psychodynamics of Human Development, a two year post graduate course run collaboratively with the bpf and Birkbeck University.
Register here for session 3: Clinical Training
15:00-17:00, Saturday 30th May 2020
2 short presentations lasting 15/20 minutes each, allowing plenty of time for open questions. Those wanting to ask more specific questions about their individual circumstances will be given the opportunity to do so following the session.
· Ann Malkin, Chair of Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy training at the bpf, will give a brief overview of the adult clinical psychotherapy training programmes
· Dr Jo-anne Carlyle, senior lecturer, will introduce the National Training Programme which is provided in partnership with Exeter University.
For more information about this event, please read our 2020 Prospectus here.