MSc course director
An exciting opportunity to lead the development and running of a unique MSc course aimed at professionals preparing for a career in adult or child psychotherapy.
about the role
This post, offered on a flexible/part-time basis, is responsible for providing professional leadership and day-to-day management of the MSc course. Reporting to the charity’s CEO, your duties will include:
- Planning and development of the course in conjunction with Birkbeck
- Establishing and co-ordinating the overall course team, which includes a group of part-time teachers, tutors and discussion leaders, together with dedicated office staff.
- Overseeing the curriculum and associated learning materials
- Leading on pastoral support to students
- Co-ordinating the assessment and quality arrangements across all course elements
- Teaching, leading or facilitating selected modules or sessions in the course, as required
- Liaising with other bpf courses and trainings and leading on promotion and budget management
You will have a clinical or academic background with a robust understanding of both theoretical and clinical aspects of depth psychotherapy. Your focus to-date could be either psychoanalytical or Jungian analytic theory, but you will appreciate both perspectives. You will also have experience in developing and delivering academic courses (including virtual/e- learning environments), with a strong ability to work effectively with student and staff across a wide range of backgrounds. A commitment to working collaboratively to further the development of the MSc is essential.
The British Psychotherapy Foundation (
Firstly, have a read through the attached Role Overview and also visit the MSc Psychodynamics of Human Development page (see above).
Additionally, to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our current Director, Katerina Sarafidou, please email MSCJA @bpf-psychotherapy.org.uk
Then, please send a copy of your CV and a short covering letter explaining why the role is of interest to you and how you meet the person spec, and email to our CEO, Mike Owen: