low fee intensive therapy
Subject to availability, the bpf offers a few Intensive Psychotherapy, Psychoanalysis or Jungian Analysis vacancies at a low fee.
The treatment is provided by experienced trainees who are undertaking an advanced training in psychotherapy or analysis.This is a service that takes into account your particular financial circumstances and the fee ranges from £10 to £25 per session.
Where possible we do our best to accommodate individual needs with regard to location and times available for therapy. Please note that the Low Fee Service is subject to availability. The location of current vacancies can be found below.
To be considered for a low fee vacancy, you will need to make a two year minimum commitment for intensive treatment involving three sessions per week.
the appplication process
- Following your initial contact with Clinical Services and if there is a suitable vacancy on our intensive 3x weekly low fee service we will put you in contact with one of our Low Fee Service organisers.
- After talking to the Low Fee Service organiser, if appropriate, you will be sent a questionnaire. Once this is returned along with your administration fee of £30 the Low Fee Service organiser will look at your questionnaire and if appropriate will arrange for you to have a consultation;
- You will be offered a consultation with a senior therapist. This will provide you with an opportunity to explore your needs and readiness for intensive 3x weekly treatment; The fee for this consultation is £75 and if two meetings are required it will be £100. This payment is paid directly to the therapist offering you this appointment and is non refundable.
- There is no guarantee that there will be a referral to one of our trainee therapists after the assessment consultation. A decision concerning a potential referral for intensive low fee therapy will be taken by the Clinical Team after the consultation with the senior therapist. Psychoanalytic psychotherapy 3 x weekly is not always the most suitable form of help and it may be considered that an alternative form of therapy would be more appropriate. The Clinical Team consider each application carefully and may make alternative recommendations.
- Reports may be requested, with your permission, if you have had previous contacts and consultations with similar services;
- If it is decided that this is not the best form of treatment for you other options will be suggested;
- Where possible we do our best to accommodate individual needs with regard to location and times available for therapy.
location of vacancies
Unfortunately, due to the current situation our usual services are experiencing delays. However you can still contact our Clinical Services Officer if you would like to explore whether intensive treatment is appropriate for you.
Below is a list of locations in which we would normally offer low-fee intensive therapy. If this is something you feel that you would be interested in the future, please keep an eye on the website for any changes.